Sunday, August 17, 2008

Scratch My First Ugly Stick

ANGLER: FishonbruceAK
TRIP DATE: 8/16
REGION: Kenai Peninsula
WATER: Russian River
SPECIES: Reds and Silvers
REPORT: Wow - what a day. Two friends and I entered at Grayling and worked our way down. There were a lot of fish in the river, mostly red, but still a few bright fish and the occasional silver. We found a nice spot and kept flipping drifts past the tomatos in hope of a good fish. In about five hours of catch and release the red ones, we were able to hook enough good fish to each limit out. Another friend joined us and got his limit that included a dime bright silver. Saw both a brown and a black bear who were definately way more interesrted in the fish than the people. On a sad note, my very first Ugly Stick finally wore out and broke. I figure that rod put dozens of limits in in my freezer not to mention all of the missed hookups, foul snags, and too many catch and release pinks to count.

No comments: